The Orchard Community Learning Center is a community school and a working farm. We provide experiential education, resources, and partnerships to promote healthy lifestyles in South Phoenix.
We provide learning resources to our community using multiple approaches:
In the spring of 2012 we expanded our gardening to provide the following:
- We provide an experiential gardening curriculum with our partner public schools.
- We develop relationships with the families who come to The Orchard for night and weekend gardening and exercise classes.
- The families create community networks of promotores (community health workers).
- Community gardens to provide food for our family's tables.
- Cooperative gardens that provide food to the entire community.
- Provide a source of income to our participating members.